Monday, September 29, 2008

How Old Is God?

I feel like we have been so busy lately...we are always getting ready to go somewhere or do something. Tyler has been riding the bus home from school for the past two weeks now. I still take him in the mornings (he has granted me that request) but I wait for him outside our house. I made the mistake of walking to the bus stop to meet him with cookies his first day off the bus and he was so embarassed. So now I have been ordered to stay at the house and he will walk to me. The bus stop is only four houses down from ours, so I can still see him get off the bus. Loralai is usually taking her nap during this time, but wakes up shortly after Tyler walks into the house.

Today when he got off the bus he had a question ready for me. Tyler asked me, "How old is God?". I said, "Were y'all talking about this on the bus?". Tyler says, "No, I've just been thinking about it for awhile now, is he like the biggest number ever?" I thought about it before I answered and then I said, "Okay Tyler, my answer might seem confusing. If it is, just tell me and I'll think of a way to explain it better. You know how you have a birthday? That is how we know how many years you are. God doesn't have a birthday. The reason he doesn't is because he has always existed. God IS the beginning, the middle, and the end. I know this must sound so confusing, do you need me to explain it differently?". He just sighed really big and sat down on the couch and put his face in his hands. I started worrying that he was really overwhelmed by this information so I asked, "Oh, Tyler, what's the matter? Tell me what is upsetting you." He said, "I just wish we had Kung Fu Panda. If we did I'd watch it everyday!". Then he hopped up and started doing karate. I think I lost him when I said, "Okay Tyler, my answer might seem confusing."

No comments: