Thursday, September 17, 2009

Baseball


Tyler is into the fall season of t-ball, although I'm not sure why they call it that since they encourage the players to hit the pitches from the coach. Drew and I both decided that he needed to take a break from head coach, so he is the assistant this season. He loves being the assistant so much he probably won't go back to head coach! MUCH less responsibility. He is able to stand behind the players when they bat and help them get into the right position and stance. Tyler absolutely loves baseball. He is the first baseman on the Cubs this season. He practices three times a week with the team and plays one game a week. At first I thought this was a little extreme, but for a child who loves baseball and wants to play all the time, it's great. On the days he doesn't play with the team, he practices in the backyard. When he isn't practicing in the backyard or doing homework or eating, he is wanting to play baseball on the XBOX. He watches sportscenter before he goes to bed, he knows the players and some of their stats. He is a baseball junkie right now....last year he was a star wars junkie, so I wonder what he will be obsessed with next year. I LOVE watching him play...previous seasons he has asked me to be quiet and not yell so much. This season he wants me to yell more, and he is big on giving me the thumbs up from first base, it is so cute. Loralai cheers so loud for Tyler, it is so sweet. Loralai yells, "Go Tyler! I love you sooooo much!" Tyler kind of laughs and looks around at his friends and then gives me a look to tell Loralai to cool it with the I love yous.

No comments: