Friday, November 14, 2008

I can't get it out of my head!

Tyler since birth has always been a very curious little boy. He has a question about everything and is always thinking. A few days ago Tyler had been home from school for a couple of hours and he started asking me about God and how much God knows. Here is the conversation:

T: Does God know everything I do and say?

Me: Yes, God is all-powerful. He knows everything we are doing now and everything we are going to do. We make choices, but God knows what we are going to choose.

T: What if I change my mind?

Me: God knows that you changed your mind.

T: HAPPY!.....I thought that in my mind to say it, and shouted it....did God know that?

Me: Yes

T: HAP.....66!....Ha, ha...I tricked God! I thought to say HAPPY in my mind, then I stopped and said 66.

Me: Hate to break it to you Tyler, but God knew you were going to say that.

About an hour had gone by and Tyler went to his room to put a puzzle together. I was in the living room with Loralai. Tyler walked out and was really close to tears. His little voice was cracking, and this is the next conversation:

T: Mom, I have a bad thought in my head and I can't get it out.

Me: Oh, Tyler it's okay...that happens sometimes, what is it.

T: I can't get the word "idiot" out of my head and God knows.

Me: Tyler, that's okay, just don't call anyone that. It's okay, it will pop in your head sometimes but just don't say it.

T: Okay, because I was thinking how much of an idiot Loralai can be, but I won't tell her that.

Loralai was just sitting there playing with her dolls, I don't know where that came from!

1 comment:

Nancy Garvey said...

That is the FUNNIEST THING I have heard in a LONG LONG TIME !!! Thank you so much for the laugh! I laughed OUT LOUD !! Only a few more weeks and I will be in Atlanta !!