Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Trying to catch up

I am so far behind with blogging! We have had a busy summer, so I want to post pictures from our day trip to Yellow River Game Ranch. We went about a month ago and it was so much fun, better than the zoo. When you arrive at the Ranch, you go inside a small barn and buy your tickets, which are very cheap, and then you can buy food to feed the animals. We bought carrots, lettuce, peanuts, and graham crackers. Then once you open the back door of the barn, you start the trail and waiting at the door are deer. Loralai was not that impressed with the deer. She was scared at first. She eventually got a little more comfortable with all the animals around, she just didn't like to share her food. She held onto the same carrot for an hour looking around, not even eating it, just making sure none of the animals came for it. Tyler fed donkeys, black bears, goats, horses, buffalo, foxes, doves, rabbits, and others I just can't remember them all.

We had one deer that followed us around the entire ranch, it was the sweetest animal. I asked Tyler what his favorite animal was and he said the deer and I asked him his least favorite animal and he said it was the donkey because his teeth were too dirty. Loralai can say deer and a few other animal names and I asked her her favorite and she just shook her head no and said "deer". I think Loralai could do without going to the game ranch for awhile, but I think she will enjoy it when she is older.

No comments: